Senate proposes Bill to Ban Online Sale of AmmunitionAug 5th, 2012 | By admin | Category: In the News
The gun grabbers in the Senate are kicking their efforts into overdrive this week, and the newest attack on the 2nd Amendment is aimed right at the sale of ammunition.
Democrat Senator Frank Lautenberg introduced legislation that would ban the online sale of ammunition. The bill also sets strict limits on who can sell ammunition and would require dealers to keep tabs on all buyers.
The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act would:
- Ban the online sale of Ammo
- Require all ammunition to be sold by only licensed dealers
- Require anyone who buys Ammo to present photo identification
- Make dealers maintain records of all ammunition sales
- Would require dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds to the government.